How does it work?
The CAN Test Box uses numbered LEDs which illuminate when signal data is present on the corresponding pin of the DLC. Pulsing LEDs indicate signals being pulled high/low.
The LEDs indicate the following signals:
- LED 1/9 - 485A/485B (Manufacturer’s proprietary information)
- LED 2/10 - Bus+ Line J1850/Bus- Line J1850
- LED 3/8/12/13 - future upgrade
- LED 4 - Chassis GND (GROUND)
- LED 5 - Signal GND (SIGNAL)
- LED 6/14 - CAN High of SAE J2284/CAN Low of SAE J2284
- LED 7/15 K Line of ISO9141-2 and keyword 2000485A/L Line of ISO9141-2 and keyword 2000
- LED 11 - Clock
- LED 16 Batt+ (Voltage supply)
The CAN Test Box allows you to connect your PicoScope oscilloscope or any other compatible scope, enabling you to monitor any signals present such as the CAN High and Low signals. The CAN Test Box terminal pin ports are compatible with standard 4 mm jacks.
The CAN Test Box includes a 1.5 metre cable so that you can work in a convenient location away from the diagnostic connector, and an additional pass-through connector so that you can hook up your scan tool at the same time as your scope. The box is powered by the diagnostic connector, so no batteries or mains adaptor are needed.
One BreakBox Cover Five Functions
- OBD2 Male to female extension line:
The Length is 1.5 Meter of the line can Connect between Diagnostic Link Connector (DLC) and scan tool.
- ALL OBD signal breakout with 4mm Banana socket:
Sixteen high-quality 4mm banana sockets breakout all OBD signal for easy to Connect a multimeter or oscilloscope for detailed signal analysis.
- OBD Signal Detects:
Sixteen Led lights detect the OBD signal . Leds at pin-out display signal detection, Flashing Leds for ECU activity,the led can Detect PWM (J1850) VPW (J1850) ISO 9141-2,DIS/ISO 14230-4 (12V car and 24V diesel)CAN bus (J-2284) (SAEJ1939) Power signal and ground signal.
- Battery voltage monitor:
3-digit blue LED (resolution: 0.1 V) Voltmeter can Continuous numeric display of voltage, Measuring range from 8-30V.So the BOX not only can detect car signal but also can detect some of diesel signal for example the diesel of K-line L-line and CAN bus (SAEJ1939).
- with flashlight function of OBD Connector:
The OBD Male Connector with flashlight function and the button,When operating in the dark the flashlight will be very useful.
The connection of the Can Test Box to the 16 pin vehicle diagnostic connector provides a non-intrusive test point for all associated circuits. The 4mm banana sockets enable simple connection of PicoScope for circuit analysis, “jumper wires” for flash code interrogation, and on board “memory save” devices (During battery disconnection) With the pass-through connector and 1.5 meter cable, the Can Test Box can be used in series with your scan tool and remote from the 16 pin connector allowing for simultaneous scan tool and scope tests. (See below)
- Power and ground test for communication errors
- CAN HI CAN LOW activity (depending on manufacturer)
- Convenient “jumper wire” access point for flash code access or initialisation procedures
- Convenient point for “memory save” device connection
- Remote access to concealed 16 pin connectors via 2.5 meter cable
- Pass-through feature does not restrict scan tool access when connected